Thursday 15 November 2012

LOTD: Your Everyday Fun...


I am believer in comfort and simple attires for the day-to-day activities. Yes, I do love wearing heels/wedges, dresses, and annoying flowy maxi skirts every now and then, but I don't do it ALL the time. There are days when I wake up and all I want to wear are comfortable pants, flats and just throw on whatever I find. That is exactly what I did today, I went for all the comfortable options in my closet and unintentionally ended up with a splash of mixed black and white prints and a red leather jacket. Not every day is a red carpet parade, or let alone a clown parade! So don't get carried away with the heels, the make up and the over done hijab/scarf/turban, sometimes seeking to do less can lead you to do more. Go for those comfortable pieces that make you feel relaxed but that have an extra touch to them. Instead of going for black flats, wear a pair of printed or neon or bright colored flats, go for the bottom down shirts with polka dots, drawings or stripes on them and wear a scarf that has two or more colors to it, and there you have it, your everyday fun!





Happy, casual and smiling!
xo and style your life modest!

Love, 

Kiki Gil

Ps: A couple of days ago I got an email telling me that a new social experience, called MODESTYLE was created.  It is a site that as described by it's founder, is  " heavily influenced by the ever popular lookbook.nu, and aims to bring hijab to the spotlight in a way never seen before! Whilst lookbook.nu caters widely for the western culture, there isn't anything like it for hijab and modest fashion. This is where modestyle steps in"... I started posted my looks on there and it would be great if you guys did as well, I personally love the idea of it! The link to  site is the following http://www.modestyle.modestwear.co.uk/  so go go check it out, and hype my looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment