Tuesday 16 October 2012

Style Blabber: Alternative options to refresh the 'Maxi Look'

Maxi skirts and maxi dresses are probably a modest woman's signature pieces. But what happens when it suddenly becomes hard to find them, or if they simply get repetitive? It is a common thing to have recurring pieces and wardrobe essentials, and when it comes to modesty, it's fair to say that what I call the 'two Maxi's' (maxi dresses and maxi skirts) are modest wardrobe essentials but they are starting to become the be all and end all of modest style, or are they? 

Last Thursday, I went shopping specifically on the hunt for bottoms, mostly maxi skirts. I was shocked to be unable to find anything that I didn't already have. It was then, when I realized I was way too dependent on the 'two maxis', and so are most women, to be honest.
I started to think it was imperative and necessary to start exploring other options and diversify my wardrobe. I decided to narrow it down to 4 essential and pretty practical options to replace and refresh the ´maxi look´. Here they are I hope they are useful and lovable to you!

  1. Probably one of the best options if not THE best option or replacement for maxi skirts are 'Palazzo' trousers, they are modest, comfortable and incredibly chic. They look good on every sort of body, whether you are slim or curvy, it really doesn't matter. Explore with stand-out colors, mix patterns textures and shapes. Try a peplum top with it and you'll love it!
  2. The second option I considered, was one of the easiest: Wearing long, oversize sweaters for coverage. Taking advantage of the fact that is fall and that it is perfect sweater weather , why not give it a try and pair it with colorful pants and loose shirts? Perfect opportunity to stay warm and keep it covered.
3. The third option, and one that I think is quite fun, is one inspired by layering. Layering a miniskirt over pants is probably the most fun way to style an otherwise revealing look. On my recent shopping sprees I've come across a lot of mini skirts, and I must admit that was a little bit annoying, however, there is a way. Combining colors, color blocking and contrasting them for a fun look, is a way to wear two bottom pieces (minis and pants) as a smart alternative to the 'two maxis'.

4. Last but not least, an option that probably doesn't require extra shopping (because I'm sure we all own a good coat) is wearing coats as dresses! It's simple, elegant and extremely classic. Keep it interesting with patterns on the leggings or skinnies you wear underneath and you will see that dressing up has never been any easier.

That is all for this style blabber. I know I hadn't done one in a while, but hey, better late than never! If you wish to have more information or personalized advice, please email ifo@stylemodesta.com.

xo and style your life modest!


Love,

Kiki G.




No comments:

Post a Comment