Sunday 14 October 2012

LOTD: Take me back...

Timeless Modesty

Time passes by an it becomes insane to see how big our will to remember the past is. We long for those good moments that were once ours, they are gone, the memories still untouched, ever so present ever so inspiring...

Hello all! I don't know why, but today everything pushed me to be inspired by the past. I've been surrounded by tons of old (not to say vintage) pictures of my grandparents from when they were young. Coincidentally, as I was getting ready and looked in the mirror, I though: "Wow! I think modesty is just another way of going back and recovering those long-lost pieces and looks that were once forgotten, there is a certain feel of vintage, a feel of love for what is classic and classy." And yes, modesty, at least for me is a classic look. For example: Pieces like turbans became the 'it' accessory in the 20's, and square scarves where the signature look in the 50's and 60's of Hollywood starlets like Audry Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor and Grace Kelly.When did we ever see tight tank-tops and Über tight skinny jeans in 1920's-30's-40's or 50's pictures? As far as I can recall, NEVER!  Today's look was all about that; all about modesty being classic, modesty being timeless. 








xo and style your life modest!

Love,

Kiki G.

No comments:

Post a Comment