Sunday 18 November 2012

LOTD: Casual Chic For a Night Out!

Hello lovelies! Hope you are all well. Recently I've gotten a couple of requests from readers to write an "Outfit of the night" post, to give you ideas on how to go out on at night without having to look extremely overdone but being able to look and wear something different to what is normally worn during day time. So last night, as I was ready to go out I said: "Ok wait a minute let me take a quick couple of pics so I can write the post later", and so I did.



I found it that when it comes to night clothes, if it is something on the casual-yet-dressy side, the best way to go is by giving it a formal look and toning it down. In order to do this, there are some pieces that are an absolute must: Trousers, shirts and heels. As long as you've got that the rest is easy! I paired up a pair of navy trousers with a black button down shirt, black heels and  to the whole look added a red, navy and white silk scarf wrapped in a Turkish style (a very beautiful and classic hijab style, if you ask me), the ever-trusty collar chains I love, and the most important piece, a faux-fur vest (one of my favorites for the season) to keep me warm as the night was extremely cold, just how I wrote about on the latest Runway to Wardrobe post. And voilà I was all ready to go for a casual chic night out. 

“You cannot fake chic but you can be chic and fake fur” 
― Karl Lagerfeld
It really is just about keeping it simple, and chic and using the right kind of things to keep your night casual and your look chic as ever. 

xo and style your life modest!

Love,
Kiki Gil

No comments:

Post a Comment