Wednesday 31 October 2012

Object of Desire: It's a bow...a bow-tie!




Hello beauties! I have been wanting to do an "Objects of Desire" feature on bow ties for so long, but never really went about it. Everything I write about or feature are things, looks or trends I am currently loving and/or rocking (haha) so the thought of writing about something that I didn't really wear was not happening for me. SO as natural I waited until I actually tested the bow tie look and wore it for a bit. The result: I am now definitely obsessed with them!!!!

Bow tie Variety!
Bow ties have been around for centuries, first popularized by the French in the 18th century and as years went by their use ended up being relegated to just formal "party" wear. However, the last few years they have tried to make a comeback with some Fashionistas sporting them on their daily lives. They can certainly add a bit of flair to an outfit, with styles available in floral patterns, stripes, polka dots and almost any other variation. 

Whether or not they work for the average woman, really depends on each one of us. Personally, I see them not just as a necktie, but rather as an alternative to necklaces and definitely a fun accessory, come on, it's a bow around your neck, how isn't that cue? And if well wearing an actual bow tie may not be an option for some ladies, how about bow tie necklaces? now that is an interesting second choice! 


Bow tie necklaces!

So what do you say, desirable object or not? Be the judge.

xo and Style Your life Modest!

Love, 

Kiki Gil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment