Tuesday 25 September 2012

LOTD: Black and white fun

Le black and le white, because basic combinations can be fun!




You know me, I love black and white!! Not sure about you guys, but I really believe that basic combinations are fun, black and white being one of them. I was coming out of advertisement class when a friend of mine said: !I love how you are wearing black and white today, simply because you don't look like a nun." And yes, I was glad I wasn't doing black and white like a nun too. Because I wear a scarf, whenever I mix black and white together it can turn out looking a little "nun-ish", to the point where people on the street actually think I am one at first glance. 

I've always liked the combination and I've never been scared of it, however I never liked it coming off and looking in a way I didn't want it to. That's when I started thinking about the best way to do black and white, and I I said to myself: "Do black and in a fun way, use prints and textures and allow yourself to get a bit carried away, that's how the combo work!" And so have I done, I have made it all about fun, interesting and definitely not plain. I am a young girl, I definitely don't want to be a nun and I don't think a lively modest girl wants to either! 

Get the two-tone fun: 

I've gathered a couple of pieces under $50 US you can shop for online to do this exciting basic black and white combination without it being boring!



  • Black Stitching White Edge Blazer
  • $47 - choies.com

  • White Black Striped V-neck Flowers Print One Button Blazer
  • $46 - sheinside.com






  • Rare London Black & White Chequered Hard Box Clutch
  • £24 - rarelondon.com


xo and style your life modest!

Love,

 Kiki G.

No comments:

Post a Comment