Wednesday 7 November 2012

Beauty Moments: The Massage Therapy You Need To Get!

Hello lovelies, hope you are all doing great! It is Wednesday  the day before Thursday, yei!  Why is it important? Because as you may know (if you follow me on twitter you do) for the past couple of months I declared Thursdays my "Me day"; a day for me to kick back , relax and most importantly treat myself to either a facial or a massage or something along those lines. My favorite? The Ventosa Massage.

I decided to tell you a little bit about the ventosa therapy/massage because it has done wonders for me and I would totally recommend it for everyone. 

Kick back and relax! My healthy addiction: The Ventosa(Cupping) Massage

What is it exactly?

Ok, the ventosa or cupping massage is a traditional Chinese massage/therapy aimed at health improvement, it helps alleviate pain, remove toxins, and allows the body to feel rested after the session. It is done by placing glass on different points on your back. A technique with a bit of fire is used to create a vacuum inside the glass placed on your back which lifts the skin and helps blood flow to increase. The practitioner then moves the cup toward the outside parts of the body sucking the air away.

Does it work? 

Up close, I snapped a pic of the cups used for the massage
Hell yeah it works!!!! I have been getting one weekly, before that I used to get a bad back pain and stiff neck and it just all of the sudden went away after I started getting them! Aside from the obvious physical improvements, I can clearly see/feel myself a lot more at ease and more relaxed. I don't get stressed as often and I am able to deal with pressure a lot better. 

Why the buzz?

Simple because it is definitely a good therapy for everyone (whether you are in physical pain or not) plus getting the excuse to pamper yourself on a regular basis should be enough to get you motivated! 
Whether it is the ventosa massage or any other massage I did want to write this post to encourage everyone reading this to take the time to relax and engage on a different activity that is specifically aimed at spoiling ourselves. Being able to take care and treat ourselves to nice things is really one of the key things to daily happiness. So hope you guys try it, and stay relaxed and happy. 

Always remember this! 

xo and style your life modest!

Love,

Kiki Gil



No comments:

Post a Comment